Legal and Financial Arrangements
- When the funeral arrangements are finalised, you will be given an estimate of the cost and an explanation of our financial policy.It is important to note the initial figure is only an estimate as some costs may not be known at the time. For example, the cost of newspaper notices. These will be provided in the final account.
- The final funeral account will be forwarded seven days after the funeral which will include our fees and all disbursements paid on your behalf. We request settlement within ten (10) days, with a clearly marked due by date. In many cases trustee companies, solicitors and accountants acting for the estate will pay funeral costs directly. The person who signs the authorisation for a funeral to be conducted is the person legally responsible for payment of the funeral account.
- We appreciate that sometimes families may not be prepared for unexpected funeral costs. If there are going to be difficulties with payment or a delay in paying some of the costs we will endeavour to be accommodating. However, please let us know before the funeral arrangements or as soon as possible afterwards. Interest will be charged on accounts outstanding for more than 30 days.
Peter Tobin Funerals is committed to protecting the privacy of your family.
- During the funeral arrangement personal information is collected from your family to assist with the arrangement and co-ordination of selected funeral services. Personal information about the deceased and your family may be provided to other organisations and individuals in order for funeral services and ceremonies to take place in accordance with the wishes of your family.
- We also use this information in order to fulfil our legal requirements to:?
a) register the death of the deceased in the appropriate state or territory.
b) provide information to solicitors or trustee companies in order to assist your family with estate matters.
c) facilitate claims for payment or compensation from government or private organisations.
- We will not provide information about the deceased’s cause or circumstances of death to any party other than personally to the immediate next of kin.
- We will not provide information about the name and address or telephone number of family members to individuals enquiring by telephone or letter. We will encourage interested people to forward correspondence via our office.
- We will not provide service details about any funeral arranged as a private funeral.
- Information provided by families and discussions held or actions taken in relation to the arrangement of funerals and funeral services will be treated as strictly confidential by all staff.