Peter Tobin Funerals is a family business which started in 1948 when Noel Tobin relocated his Maryborough funeral business to Ballarat, buying the firm of C. Wellington.
In 1953, the business was consolidated at the location of the Star Dairy, 12 Dawson St South, with Noel’s son Peter, joining him in 1957. Following Noel’s retirement in 1971, Peter and his wife Faye moved into the Dawson St premises where they lived with their four children until 1984.
The name of Peter Tobin Funerals was adopted in 1982 to coincide with the fulfilment of Peter’s dream of providing a beautiful venue where every person, their customs and beliefs are respected. The Doveton Park Funeral Centre was opened in 1984. Peter and Faye were joined by their daughter Paula in 1987.
Paula and her dedicated funeral staff proudly continue the family tradition of professional care to Ballarat families. Peter Tobin Funerals enviable reputation has been earned through its uncompromising standards of excellence in all aspects of funeral service.
- Dedicated professional funeral staff to assist you at all times
- Arranging the transfer of the deceased to our funeral home from any location
- Preparation and dressing of the deceased by our trained embalmer and mortuary staff
- Collecting any necessary certificates and completing all statutory requirements
- Assisting your family to compose newspaper notices and arrange for their placement in the nominated newspapers
- Contacting a clergy member or civil celebrant
- Coordinating the church, cemetery, musicians, refreshments, booklets, photo presentations, florist and any other requirements
- The use of our complete facilities at the Doveton Park Funeral Centre